We operate the website www.uno.uk. We are uno Communications Ltd., of Electric Works, 3 Concourse Way, Sheffield, S1 2BJ, United Kingdom, registered in England and Wales with company number: 09262166 and having VAT number: GB 203 3305 68.
By purchasing our Broadband Services via our Website and clicking the button marked “I have read and accept the Business Terms" at the end of these Business Terms, you are representing and warranting to us that you wish to contract on these Business Terms.
To contact us, please see our Contact Us page (link).
DEFINITIONS & INTERPRETATION
- In this Broadband Policy, unless the context otherwise requires:
- Broadband Services: the telecommunications services provided by means of broadband technologies by us to you as set out in the Order Confirmation.
- ‘the Order Confirmation’ is the email sent to you that confirms any Products have been dispatched and or that the Services have commenced or will commence on the date and other terms contained in that email.
- Temporary Equipment: equipment loaned to you on a temporary basis in accordance with clause 4 of this policy.
- A reference to a clause is a reference to a clause in this Broadband Policy unless the specifically stated otherwise.
- A term defined in any of the Terms shall have the same meaning in all of the separate policies unless otherwise specified.
BROADBAND SPECIFIC TERMS OF SUPPLY
- We use reasonable endeavours to enable your broadband service for the fastest speed possible however certain factors including condition of line and length will affect what speed is commercially achievable.
- Where reasonably possible in relation to xDSL services, lines will be provisioned on application service and will require a suitable xDSL router.
- We cannot guarantee the reliability of the service due to Events Outside of Our Control as explained further in our Website Terms and Conditions of Supply (link).
- Where there is a fault, we will endeavour to raise this with our suppliers who then aim to respond/resolve within the following time scales: 40 hours for Standard Care, 20 hours for Enhanced Care and 50 hours for Vodafone.
- There is no uptime service level agreement (SLA) offered on standard xDSL services. Whilst we use reasonable commercial endeavours to maintain service levels, we cannot guarantee the Broadband Services will always work. This is due to the nature of the internet, as well as third party service providers.
- From time to time work or changes may be required in respect of the line to aid stability or other functionality, in preference of speed due to line conditions.
- For services moved to a fully unbundled supplier, it is your responsibility to contact us to give notice to end your service.
- Notwithstanding 2.7 above, should you wish to migrate your broadband services to an alternative provider, the gaining provider shall initiate the migration at which point we will be notified and will contact you. You will be advised about your required notice period, as well as provided with a pro-rata invoice for that time. If you are within any fixed term, an invoice for the remainder of the agreed fixed term shall be raised.
- We will terminate the provision of broadband services where we have not received payment for a period of 14 days or more or we have been unable to contact the account holder via phone, text message or email. Standard cease fees will be applicable in line with the service agreed and these charges are set out in our Price List (link).
- You must maintain an active phone line for us to deliver broadband to you. If you or your supplier cancels your phone line, your broadband will cease and the cease fee (link) will be payable. Broadband cannot be delivered to you without a phone service. Any notice period or minimum term remaining on your broadband contract will become immediately due in full should your phone line be suspended or terminated.
- Lead times, and any other timescales, provided by us for service provision are estimates only and time shall not be of the essence except for payment of sums due to us.
- The date for installation or activation of your broadband service may change and we will endeavour to advise you via email if this is the case.
- We provide a free hosting service for as long as there is an active broadband service on account.
- Following termination of the Broadband Services, the hosting service will automatically be terminated after 7 days and all data will be deleted. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure all files are removed prior to this.
- We accept no liability for data which is not backed up elsewhere by you prior to the 7 day deadline and termination of the hosting service referred to at 3.1 and 3.2 above.
- We can provide a router or other related equipment on a loan basis to aid diagnostics for complex faults. This Temporary Equipment remains our property at all times.
- All postage costs are to be met by the customer including dispatch and return. We advise that tracking postage is sent insured up to £50 in case of a damage or loss.
- All provided Temporary Equipment should be returned in adequate packaging and will remain your responsibility until received in full working order by us.
- Non-return when requested by us, or damage to the Temporary Equipment, will be subject to a £50 administration fee being charged.
- You acknowledge that you have no right, title or interest in the IP address allocated, and that any IP address allocated to you is allocated as part of the Service and is not portable or otherwise transferable by you in any manner whatsoever.
- If an IP address is renumbered or reallocated by us, we shall use reasonable endeavours to avoid any disruption to you.
- You agree that you will have no right, title or interest to the IP address upon termination of this agreement, and that the acquisition by you of a new IP address for the Service following termination of this agreement shall be your exclusive responsibility.
INDEMNITY AND YOUR UNDERTAKINGS
- You undertake:
- to use the Broadband Services in accordance with the Terms and any reasonable instructions provided by us from time to time, as well as any relevant and applicable English, UK, or EU legislation or regulation in force from time to time;
- not to use the Broadband Services or any of our Services in any way which we consider at our sole discretion is or is likely to be detrimental to us or the provision of any Services to you or our other customers;
- not to allow any third party to override hack or bypass our Broadband Services or any Services either through the installation of equipment or otherwise during the duration of the Contract between us.
- You agree that you shall defend, indemnify, save and hold us harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable solicitors’ fees asserted against us, our agents, customers, officers and employees, which might arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by you, your agents, employees or assigns. This indemnity shall not include personal injury or fraud caused by our acts or omissions.
- Further to the above, you shall indemnify us against all damages, losses and expenses arising as a result of any action or claim that by your use of our Broadband Services has infringed any intellectual property rights such as copyright or trade marks, of a third party, or that you have infringed any applicable laws, regulations or third party rights (such as material which is obscene, indecent, pornographic, seditious, offensive, defamatory, threatening, liable to incite racial hatred or acts of terrorism, menacing, blasphemous or in breach of any third party Intellectual Property Rights) via our broadband services.
- If you would like to register a complaint, please contact us via the contact us page (link) or write to us at Electric Works, 3 Concourse Way, Sheffield, S1 2BJ, United Kingdom.
- We endeavour to acknowledge all complaints within 24 hours of our receipt.
Not sure what you want, or what you need?
Our helpful package builder will help you choose the right package for you based on your budget, requirements and location. Get started now...Package Builder
Still looking for help?
Our friendly and helpful team are ready to help, all you have to do is get in touch via email or phone.Contact Us